First, thank you everyone for all the phone calls, emails, packages, flowers, visits, etc. Boy, do we feel loved! I promise to try and get in touch with each one of you...eventually.
After 4 days in the hospital, Chris, Ava and I are all home. Although we had amazing nurses at the hospital, it is so nice to be in our own place. We've actually been home for three days now and it's gone pretty smoothly. Ava's nights and days are mixed up so she sleeps a lot during the day and then is up pretty much every 1.5-2 hours at night. I've been able to watch a lot of the Olympics which I guess is one of the few perks to being up ALL NIGHT! She is a voracious feeder and has gained almost all the weight she lost during her first few days. She isn't fussy at all and loves to cuddle. I do too which has been a double edge sword. I know I should get some sleep when she sleeps but I can't help but just sit and stare at her. I don't want to put her down.
As a result, I have been a complete zomby for the last few days. BUT, I'm getting used to the new schedule and I finally feel a little bit more human. She is also a great pooper and has already demonstrated the extent of her ability by pooping on both mom and dad. The other night she got a little cocky in her new skills and decided to show off a bit. We were both changing her and she actually projectile pooped and hit the door. Wow. Chris screamed and ran to wash his hands. I told him this is what babies do and he better get used to it. We did end up laughing for about 10 minutes. It must be love if we both ultimately came to the conclusion that it was super cute. Sigh...
As a result, I have been a complete zomby for the last few days. BUT, I'm getting used to the new schedule and I finally feel a little bit more human. She is also a great pooper and has already demonstrated the extent of her ability by pooping on both mom and dad. The other night she got a little cocky in her new skills and decided to show off a bit. We were both changing her and she actually projectile pooped and hit the door. Wow. Chris screamed and ran to wash his hands. I told him this is what babies do and he better get used to it. We did end up laughing for about 10 minutes. It must be love if we both ultimately came to the conclusion that it was super cute. Sigh...
My mom and sister have been up helping us since we've been home. I will need a lot of extra hands as Chris is back at work and I cannot lift anything more than 10 pounds for the next month! Grandma and Grandpa Cancro are in town and they are totally smitten too. It's been great having them here.
Here are some more pictures. I will eventually get a video up here but for now these will have to do. Now, I need to go get some more sleep!!
2 comments:
That's the first time I've ever heard of "projectile poop" being referred to as "cute". That made my day!
I'm glad to hear you're adjusting well and little Ava is adorable.
Great pictures, by the way. :o)
ha haha... POOP!
:P lol
i love the blog, pictures and stories. xo
Post a Comment